Since 2004, the annual WXPN 5k Run has been the primary event to raise much needed funds for WXPN Musicians On Call which brings musicians to the bedsides of patients in the Delaware Valley. With COVID-19 restrictions preventing or limiting in-hospital patient visits, bringing live stream and recorded music to the bedsides of patients and their caregivers is more important than ever.
This year, we’re making our fundraising event a virtual one. Participate by running, walking, or donating and you'll be helping to deliver the healing power of music to those who need it most.
How it works:
1. Register to Run a 5k or Walk one mile
2. Fund raise individually or as part of a team
3. Set a course in your neighborhood, in a park, or on a track
4. Run or walk and upload your results in our virtual race tracker any time between Sunday, Sept 27 and Noon on Oct 4
5. Celebrate during our online live stream event on October 3